Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Self centered magistrate

"And to restore some of the goodwill that previously existed, I am undertaking a brief visit to the Barbarians"(pg.57) I think that this helps exclaim why the magistrate helped the barbarian girl back to the mountains. I do not think that he wanted to be a part of the Third Bureau and he did not want to be anything like Colonel Joll. I think he also may have slightly regretted what he did to the barbarian girl because he was totally taking advantage of her by washing her and using her body to satisfy his whims.

I also think that he did not accomplish anything at all throughout the whole book. All he kept saying is hoe he wanted to die alone and happy in his own bed, so then why did he concern himself with things that were beyond his control. He was kidding himself the entire time. He was not able to restore anything to the barbarians and ended up hurting himself in the end! I think he is a selfish and self centered person!

No comments: