Monday, December 3, 2007

Interpreter of Dreams....

I am a person who does not remember many dreams, but the last one I remember consisted of me hanging out with an old friend of mine, the friend being a female. And throughout the whole dream I kept feeling like it was forbidden to hang out with this girl. There was no special significance about the girl and all we were doing was watching T.V. on a bed. Look wise she was pretty. We used to be friends but nothing serious or personal. But I just kept feeling like I was doing something wrong when I really wasn't. It was short and boring and just woke up confused. I wonder what Freud would make of this.

I know and trust that all of my fellow classmates most certainly understands that I and all of us are not really trained as pscychoanalysis professionals, so taking a stab at interpreting each other's dreams is all in good fun. I truly think that Ziyad's dream might have something to do with mayne his feelings towards women in general. Freud might say that there is a good chance that he is experiencing these weird feelings that he was doing something wrong because maybe secretly deep down inside he may feel more comfortable with having been with a man. Why would he feel it is weird to hang out with a girl if he is heterosexual? It could be his subconsious trying to tell him something. Or....maybe he feels uncomfortablw in hanging out with the girl because of his religious upbringing. If I am not mistaken, the religious upbringing he has was a muslim one. In the country that his family originated from, I know for a fact that marriages are arranged and there is no "hanging out" with the opposite sex. It is a major forbidden. Woman are viewed as much lesser then the man, and the virtue of a woman is held in very high regards. Maybe, in the dream, the weird feelings came from a deeper suppresed feeling of sexual need. He felt like he was doing something wrong for being on a bed and watching t.v. even though there was nothing going on. His mind led him to believe that he was because of condensation. A whole set of images packed into one, which this would make a lot of sense. He is just laying in bed doing nothing wrong, but a deeper reading is that maybe he wanted it to go a lot further and it didn't because he knows that it would be wrong because of his moral and religious upbringing.

Of course, I just realized that another classmate analyzed the same dream so I will take a stab at another dream as well....


I remember two dreams I've had this and last week. In onc of them, I was playing soccer with a very close friend of mine, whom I haven't seen for years ever since I came to States. In another, I was kissing this fat chick, thankfully not a french. The good thing is that I haven't had a nightmare in more than 10 years, if I remember it correctly.According to Freud readings I've done, these manifest dreams just represent my desire to meet my old friend (playing soccer may not have any meaning at all) and another desire to, well, have a romantic relationship with someone which I think is in the unconscious level (because I won't admit it).

I think it is very possible that the imagery of playing soccer with a friend that Heyon hasn't seen in along time might be perhaps just a condensation of a feeling of longingness. Maybe that one friend just represents that he is a feeling of loneliness and maybe the want and need to revert back to the past. The funny thing that I picked up on, is that he said, "I haven't had a nightmare in more then 10 years"... is it really a nightmare that you are kissing a fat chick? I think that this is a bit shallow, and might say something about what he perceives as good enough for him. Is it possible that he fears being with someone who does not meet his standards physically? This could possible illustrate that he might in his real life be striving for perfection in a woman and the dream might be illustrating that no one is perfect, and that he should try to connect with a woman on an emotional level as opposed to a physical one.

No comments: